The Théâtre - Bastion Saint-Nicolas
The bastion, built in 1569, was replaced by a dance-hall in about 1800
Built in 1569, this bastion was torn down in about 1800 to make space for a public dance-hall, the Vauxhall (1805).
This was open until 1860 when, having become dilapidated, it was replaced by a magnificent Italian-style theatre, which opened its doors in 1864.
The bastion's foundations can still be seen from the Rempart de la Comédie.
Rue de Chorey (the other side of the boulevard), for the 19th century Carmelite convent with its statue of the Little King of Grace.
Rue de Lorraine, running from Porte Saint Nicolas, for its many mansions with superb Renaissance facades and for its shops.
The former Ursuline convent, built in 1697, which became the Hôtel de Ville (City Hall) in 1794.
Rue du Collège, for the Caves Patriarche in the former Visitandines convent and its restored chapel. Rue de Chorey, for the 19th century Carmelite convent with its statue of the Little King of Grace.
Opposite is the 18th-century Chapelle de l’Oratoire (frequent exhibitions).
- Château de Beaune
- Tour Renard
- Le Bastion Saint Anne
- Tour des Poudres
- Grosse Tour
- Tour des Billes
- The Lavoir
- Tour des Cordeliers
- Bastion Bretonnière or Condé
- Tour des Dames
- Bastion Saint Martin
- Tour des Filles or de l’Oratoire
- La Porte Saint Nicolas
- The Théâtre – Bastion Saint-Nicolas
- Théâtre de Verdure
- Bastion Notre Dame
- Tour Blondeau